Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dora the Explorer Cake!

Our good friends, Lindsay and Austin for 6 years now!  Have the cutest 2 girls ever!

Jane just turned 2 and her mom and I made a Dora Cake for her birthday.

Let's just say it was huge!  So heavy at least 10 pounds!  It was a Dora mold but we added fondant to the top for the features.

It was a moist chocolate cake with Cherry-Almond-Whipped Cream Filling with a butter cream frosting to top it off!  YUMMM!


Linds and I with our creation 




The birthday girl.
She has the best big sister, Kate, who helped with the creative side of the cake: she added a belly button and the pocket friend and the tongue.  It is fun to be around such cute kids!  I hope ours are half as good as these girls!




2 already!  Lindsay and Family came to Philly to visit us our first year out there.  She was pregnant with Jane.  Jane is the cutest, most fun adorable girl.  I do have to admit she is in love with Ted WAY more than me, can you blame her!?  Maybe this cake helped out me out a little?

We will miss the Abney's again as we make our 13th move in 6 years to L.A.  At least we are near a beach and only 6 hours so they can visit....right!?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This post makes me SO Sad! We will miss you guys so much. You are basically our kids second set of parents, and we couldn't ask for a better friends in the whole world! I guess if you HAVE to move, we'll take a beach any day! :) At least it's not as far as Philly right? We love you guys!
P.S- the cake was SO cute and so delicious! I'm drooling thinking about eating a piece right now!