Friday, September 3, 2010

Surprise Ted!

For Ted's big 3-0 birthday I threw him a surprise party (with the help of some great friends) in our new backyard here in El Segundo.  Ted had a hard transition to the 30's so I thought we had to celebrate his new wisdom!

Ted being surprised 

I am very proud that I kept it a secret and actually snuck around planning the party for so long.  


Being a little mad at first :)  Ha ha!

Our friend Foti called Ted and had him "help" measure some stuff for their front yard to get him out of the house for 3 hours.  In that time we (Me, Sarah, Caitlin, Kelsey and Jamie...thanks!) transitioned the backyard into a fun party, and decorated Ted's cake fewwww!  That was a lot to do but well worth it.

We borrowed some white Christmas lights and hung them all over the yard


We had a great turn out and a good variety of people there.  My Cousin and his cute wife and boys made an hour drive to come, we had people from the community, church, and our friends here.  It was a great time!
Sarah and I preparing (Sarah is on the phone telling her husband to bring Ted home)


Kelsey and her hubby



Sarah and Foti (thanks Foti for helping!)



My "jr" cousin so cute!



My other jr cuz, love him!



Sarah and her mom Barbara(she's fancy:)  She lent us all of the white lights!



Sarah and Foti with Grandma (She and Ted have a secret political alliance if you ask her, we love her!)

We did all desserets and a fruit salad.  We made the cake and my friend Kelsey made some amazing cookies, and my other friend Caitlin did Ted's favorite treat peanut butter rice crispy treats.  (I ate cookies and rice crispy treats for 3 days straight after the party!  Yumm!)

The Cake and desserts, it was a moist chololate cake with cherry whipped cream filling and buttercream icing, Ted's favorite.



Best sugar cookies EVER!

4 comments:

Bizzle said...

Wow, you went all out! So glad you two look so happy :)

Kristi said...

You guys are so fun. I've got to figure out what I'm going to do next year for Mike's 3-0.

Michael and Shelley said...

Looks like a good time and the food sounds delicious! Wish we could have been there!

Lindsay said...

Looks SO fun! Ted looks awesome in that first picture! He's so thin! And your cake!! It is adorable, like usual :) I hope Ted ate some of it! haha. Happy birthday Ted!!