Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Taste of Home

Ted and I have been a little home sick the past month.  I haven't felt well, the weather here has been dark and dreary and we were going to visit his family for Halloween (his sister throws a mean Halloween party) but we have to stay here in Cali.

To make Ted feel more at home and honor a cookie request by my friend Sarah I made Ted's moms famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I am NOT a cookie person, I love to eat them but have NEVER been able to make a decent batch.  With some coaching from Ted's mom these turned out pretty good!  They are soft and gooey.  They are a little on the flat side and not as pretty as Ted's moms but they are as close to home as we can get :)
Ted enjoying his taste of home :)


The finished project.  Still have some cookie dough to bake fresh ones today!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yum! I doubt that anything you'd cook would EVER turn out bad! I bet these were to die for, just like everything else you make! :)
(p.s- we are homesick for you too! Come back already!)