Monday, November 28, 2011

Update

I went to the Dr. last Wednesday to get an update on my progress and to figure out something to do for my extreme leg pain and cramping.  It wan't the best Dr. apt.  He said that my disease was a lot worse than we originally thought and that instead of turning a corner in the next few days, I had a least 2 months left before any relief would come.  It wasn't the news I wanted to hear the day before Thanksgiving.

I felt bad after my last blog post because everyone says I am so positive.  I hope you know there are lots of times I question why me, or if this will ever go away.  This weekend I had several nights where I was sad, even devastated that I have to do this for a lot longer than we thought.  It will be a total of 4 months before I start climbing out.

I am trying to see it from a positive side that at least I didn't know at the beginning it would take so long, 2 months doesn't seem like that long....so I can do it another 2 months.  I know I can, some times it is just hard to take it all in.  I really didn't want to be sick for Christmas, but I can't control much of that.  So now instead of feeling good for Christmas Ted and I have a new goal of feeling better by my birthday March 5, I think it is doable.  I just have to get use to the new idea I guess.

In other news I found a few pics from the last month I wanted to share:

Ted's mom came over and helped me set up our Christmas tree!  The 2nd tree in our whole marriage.  My first fake tree ever...I grew up in Utah where real Christmas Trees weren't a fire hazard...something I have to get use to here in dry old AZ.  

I am making these for the tree...so far only 4 done.  They are decoupage ornaments with old book pages on them.  I had the idea since Ted's biggest passion is books, I ended up using my grandma's old cooking books (over 50 years old) to incorporate family and of course my love for cooking :)  They are turning out pretty cute, I just need more energy to do them all!

Yesterday we got to visit our good friends (who is also Ted's cousin) Roger and Lindsey who just had a new baby Thanksgiving eve!  He is adorable!  Ted loved holding baby Owen.

Yes that is a chocolate fountain in our fancy grocery store that is near our house.  They have a wine cellar, a man's den with club chairs and TV's for the men to watch TV, fruit from all over the world...it is pretty crazy!


I made an apple pie for Thanksgiving.....It turned out cute, but it was really runny...I think I better lay off baking till I feel better, but at least I made something for Thanksgiving!  

We got a new member of the family...a TV.  We haven't had one since before we left Philly 3 years ago, once we found out I would be in bed longer Ted made sure I had something to do :)

One of my favorite places near our new apartment is an outdoor mall, The Scottsdale Quarter.  It has the prettiest outdoor lighting at night complete with a light up splash pad dancing to music.


I had to add this one, Ted manages online faculty for Grand Canyon University and the team he manages dressed up like him for Halloween, how perfect was it that he wore the exact thing that day?
(Ted gets a hard time for wearing a shirt and tie to work every day)

Lola and I spend a lot of time at the pool in the sun trying to get more Vitamin D.  Such a hard life....

Hope you have a great day!!!  

3 comments:

Linds said...

It's me, Lindsey Woolsey. I'm blog stalking you. Anyway, I had no idea you were sick. What do you need??? I feel like such a terrible person not doing anything for you. Promise me you will let me know if you need ANYTHING!!
p.s. I have a blog too, it's just private. If you wanna read it, just let me know and send me your email address and I will invite you.

jlbunting.com said...

Uh, hello, you have an awesome birthday. Same as mine!
I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. We still want to come see you if that's ok. We just got really busy suddenly with visitors, trips, and holidays. But everyone is gone and I am free for a long time. Can we come over sometime?

nathalia said...

1. I love you. Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers.

2. The ornaments look awesome! What a great idea. Good work!

3. The pie looks lovely. And even if it was runny I bet it tasted sublime!

You are awesome. Hugs!