Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pre - Thanksgiving

With a recent trip to Boston, Ted and I decided to stay in our little El Segundo for Thanksgiving.  Our friend Katrina and her daughter are going to spend it with us.  I am in charge of the Turkey, Stuffing, Rolls, Home made cranberry sauce, and an apple pie.

I love the look of Thanksgiving in my fridge!

I started with the apple pie yesterday

Made some messes trying to peel them with my hands (that don't work)
But easy clean up so oh well!

Some actually did get in the bowl

Apple pie ready to be latticed....where is Ted to teach me basket weaving.

After a few arguments, I finnally understood what he was saying,
Look I did it!  Aren't you proud Ted!?

Baked and ready to be eaten!

This morning was an early one, stuffing and Turkey

The bread didn't get crispy enough from leaving it out over night.
I resorted to putting a heater on them, and then broiled them in the oven.
Feewww!  It worked!

The goods to put in the stuffing

The bird getting ready.  I learned that if you stick butter chunks under the skin it really helps to keep the turkey moist.  I just slide my hand all over and put it everywhere.  Then I brush the top of the skin with more butter and salt and pepper.  

The stuffing hot off the oven

Stuffed Bird, YUMMM! 
My Grandmother's stuffing recipe, the best!

More to come with the finished products too!

Ted yesterday while I baked he worked.  We have a deal no working today though.  

No comments: