Monday, January 31, 2011

Over coming my cookie trial!

I gave a talk in our church this week.  The topic was about how trials stregthen our lives.  I used an example of my little sister asking me to help her bake cupcakes, which made me realize how far I have come in Ted and I's 7 years of marriage.  The first few years were rough in terms of cooking and Ted having to choke down a lot of horrible meals and desserts.  I am still  not there in terms of cooking buy after many burnt, flat and gross final dessert products I mostly make pretty sweet treats :)

After I used this example in my talk to explain how we have to go through the hard times to appreciate and understand the good times, I realized I still HATED and was HORRIBLE at baking cookies.  It was the one thing I always avoided at all costs.  Mine are always better used as hard frisbees than used as a dessert.

So after church Ted went to work on some homework, and I did too, cookie homework!  I decided to make Ted's favorite cookie: Peanut Butter Soft Cookies.

It was scary but I did it.  I tried a Mrs. Fields copy cat version.  They turned out pretty good for the most part.  Some batches turned out a little crispy, but I think the more I try baking cookies the more I will get the hang of it.


I know each of us has some type of "cookie" challenge in our lives in terms of baking, cooking or crafts, let's all try to challenge ourselves in the next few weeks to take it on!  Here's to a few more dozen cookies coming your way!

I decided to take some to Ted's family and also to a few friends and people from our church, so I put a cute tool bow on them.


Have a great week!  Love you all!

No comments: