Sunday, January 23, 2011

Safari Cake~!


My good friend (who is also Ted's cousin's wife) Lindsey asked me to help her make some cupcakes and a little cake for her nephew's 1st bday!  It was a lot of fun.  Lindsey and I baked a lot of cake on Friday and then Linds, her sister, and I decorated cake on Saturday.  They had never decorated with fondant before but you couldn't tell they are naturals.  It was fun to teach them and also fun to hear creative new ideas.

Here is the process:

Red Velvet, Chocolate, and Vanilla!
55+ cupcakes and a two layer cake

Linds just covered her first cake with fondant!

She did good!

Emily scared but doing good!

Making the cute little Safari animals

Lots of little details

LOTS of Buttercream icing, some of the cupcakes had cream cheese frosting too!

Close up of the finished product.  


4 comments:

Bizzle said...

Seriously amazing! You should start your own business!

Kristi said...

Awesome! I'm going to need your help when birthdays come around in our house. I can honestly say I've never used fondant before and I wish I knew how. Next birthday is Brooklyn's in June so mark your calendar!

Ashley said...

this is SO cute. No wonder we're Vt companions... we're both bloggers :) ha, im excited!

jor said...

I wish I would have known this was an awesome talent of yours back in philly. My poor kids have suffered through too many great attempts at me making cute cakes when they just turn out yucky looking. Cake decorating is hard! I would have totally hired you to make all ours. This looks so good!