Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bridal Shower Cake

I was able to help my little sister, Deedee, with a bridal shower she threw for a friend and decorate the cake for it.  My mom, sister and I had a blast doing it!  It was so much fun!  I think it turned out super cute.  

It was a vanilla cake with a creamy raspberry filling and buttercream icing.

Deedee designed it, she is much more creative than me, but at least I was able to execute it.  This was a little stressful since it was not only for family but also for a bridal shower.

Here it is.  Got to love fondant!  



Different view


Deedee did such a great job on the shower.  It was pool side at her tennis club.  


Some of the bridal shower girls (aren't they are beautiful!?)
The bride is the 4th from right in the white shirt.


The creation:

Dying the fondant and frosting the cake


Me and our mom assembling the cake


 
Getting ready for the shower and cutting fruit for the salad, the watermelon rolled off the counter!  


One of my favorite pictures all day, Deedee and I doing our makeup like the good ol' days



Right before we started the cake there was a family of birds out side and they were lost.
We helped them get into some bushes to hide from the neighborhood cats.  They are still in the same bushes you can hear them chirping.


They were so little.  This is zoomed up we didn't get too close the parents were very upset.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That cake is the cutest thing I have ever seen! So adorable! You need to be on the food network to show off all your cute cakes :)

Unknown said...

Oh how lovely this Bridal Shower Cake is. I loved the colors and everything about it. At some local San Francisco wedding venues my cousin is tying the knot so I too have the desire to host a fun filled bridal shower for her. I think this theme would work just perfectly for this bash. Thanks for the photos.