Wednesday, May 6, 2009

54 days left...

54 days...

Philly food!

Who would ever be able to forget all the food that is known in Philadelphia?  I think we eat so much!  Ha ha, it has to be all the good food around.
Dairy Queen has been a great friend to us, yes it is left over from our Scottsdale, AZ days but we found one back here, and not to mention made Mike and Shelley go with us at least every other weekend, I will never forget the fun we had driving about 30 minutes each way just to get our blizzards or for me a hot fudge sunday!  Oh the conversations that we had on that drive...

This is a little restaurant in White Marsh, PA, just outside the city (for those of you who want to go it is on Germantown before you get to Miles park on the right in a little shopping complex).  It is the best Italian food around!  (Even our friend Mike, who is 100% Italian thinks it is good!)  This is another frequent stop for Mike, Shelley, me and Ted.  It is VERY affordable, but watch out the line can get long to wait for a table, go early! 
Now, to some of the more common Philly foods, Ritas Water Ice.  We frequented this place a lot last summer since it was within a 1-2 minute walk from our old house.  I haven't had it this season, but am def. going to have to get some before I leave!
Pretzels?  Who would think Philly is famous for this one?  Well they are!  And boy are the good and fresh!  You can find little pretzel shops all over Philly, and did I mention people here put a ton of mustard on them?  I never got that, but I did love a good pretzel every now and then.   
Last but not least!  The famous Philly Cheesesteak!  Boy are these a heart attack waiting to happen, but OH SO GOOD!  I love onions and mushrooms on mine!  Hey!  I'll take one right now!  I would love that, and then I would be out of my chore of cooking dinner... 

No comments: