Friday, February 4, 2011

Black Bottom Cupcakes!

Ok my new favorite cupcake! YUMMM!

Ted's cousins are coming over tomorrow to decorate and bake cupcakes.  I made the first batch tonight so that we will have some cupcakes to decorate while the others bake and cool.  Tomorrow we are doing Red Velvet.  Tonight I made black bottom cupcakes.

I have had some requests for my cake/cupcake recipes.  I never even thought to post them.  Here is the first of many I am sure to follow:

Black Bottom Cupcakes from the Joy of Baking: (click on link to find recipe)

These are amazing!  They are chocolate cupcakes with a cream cheese sugary filling!  I almost ate the entire bowl of filling batter and didn't bake the cupcakes....

My usual baking partner asleep in our room on my blanket...
Looks like I am doing this one solo

The kitchen and my most prized possession lately my RED kitchen aid :)

My recipe book....

Sugar, this is going to be a good one!
The trick with the filling is to really cream it up
Make sure you cream the cream cheese for awhile before adding any ingredients


Instead of sifting I always whisk the dry ingredients together
I do it for awhile to make the mixture nice and fluffy

That's right the chocolate cake has no dairy!
Water, viniger, and oil....I was skeptical!  

My trick to fill cupcake tins is an ice cream scoop

1/2 already topped with the cream cheese

Ready to go in the oven, hopping they don't over flow at this point...

Baked!  Yumm!  They are really good!


1 comment:

Eric and Caralee said...

Ohhh my gosh, I think I would eat it all too! Thanks for the sesame chicken recipe! Can't wait to try it! xoxo