Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sugar makes me feel better!

Ok I will admit it.  This weekend has been ugh!  I FINALLY got back my truck back Friday after almost totaling it more than a month ago.

I noticed some small problems with their work, so I was already going to have to take it back Monday, but on Saturday (less than 24 hours after we got it back) we were getting on the freeway and the whole car completley shut down, no power.  Great!  AAA towed it and so we got into the Ghia.

The trusty girl had some problems later that night the wheel and axel broke and left us stranded on the road once again....AAA!

At this point we were laughing and grateful for friends and family that had bailed us out.  We had a good night, Ted finished his grading and I painted my nails.  

This morning getting ready for church (waiting for our ride since we have no cars), Lola tripped and got tangled up and tore her nail off her paw!  It was SO sad.  We have her some benadryl to help her sleep and went to church any way.  She has been sleeping and winning all day.  

Trip to the vet tomorrow, hope she doesn't have to get surgery again poor girl!


SOOOOO........
To cheer myself up I made a coconut cream pie with a meringue top!  Yes please!  
Money might not be able to buy me happiness but sugar can cheer me up any day! 

All in all, we know we have GREAT friends and family (thanks grandma for having us for dinner!  And that sun makes everything much more bearable!  This would have been a lot harder in cold dark Philly but the Sun is shining and it is 80 outside in February!  That just makes it all seem better some how...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

ahhhhh! let me know if you need a ride! im obsessing over all your treats im seeing on here... you should open up a bakery, seriously!

goldfixe said...

Wow, that is one crazy day. But that pie looks quite amazing. Coconut Cream is my absolute favorite. I'll have to remind you of that closer to my birthday.

Hope this week goes a lot better for you guys!

Eric and Caralee said...

Ahhh, you are right, it would have been awful in cold dark Philly! I hope things get better! xoxo